600 gm yam (diced)
4 pcs garlic
70 gm dried shrimps
5 tbsp cooking oil
2tbsp tapioca flour
400gm rice flour
800 ml water
1000 ml water
½ tsp pepper
1 tsp MSG (optional – replace with salt)
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp sugar
3½ tsp salt
- heat wok and add in oil.
- add in garlic and dried shrimps when oil heats up.
- add in diced yam, fry and mix all evenly.
- add in seasoning, let boil abit.
- separately, mix flour mixture
- add in flour mixture slowly to the pan, continue to boil
- stir until mixture thickens
- pour mixture into a greased 10” mould.
- steam for about 35 minutes over high heat.
- remove and leave it aside to cool.
- when serving, cut into small pieces and sprinkle fried shallots, spring onions and chilli on it
- enjoy this traditional kueh with your loved ones!